LocalWp is a tremendous local development tool for WordPress developers. No doubt! You can effortlessly develop WordPress sites locally with LocalWp. Even the Installation is easy; there are some common errors LocalWp new users face during the installation process. It’s confusing to fix these errors for the new users.
As I have found, many Windows 10 & Windows 11 users have faced the following errors during the installation process (Luckily, I’m one of them too):
- Error 01 – Error Opening File For Writing
- Error 02 – Installation Aborted
So, I found how to fix them easily. In this simple guide, I will show you how to fix 2 of these common problems step by step. Follow the steps below. (Works for Windows 7/8/10/11 users/ I’m using Windows 11)
How to Fix installation aborted/Error opening file for writing – LocalWp Installation Setup
01. Go to the Start Menu and search for “Run”
02. Type “Regedit” and Press Enter/ Click OK/ Then click Yes to confirm
03. Now press CTRL+F together, and the search/ find menu will appear, as shown in the image below. Type “Flywheel” & click “Find Next”
04. Go to Find> Find Next (Shortcut: F3) until you find the following registries
05. You can see two Uninstall registries, as shown in the image below. You need to delete both of them. To delete, Select 2 Registries > Right Click > Delete to delete the entries
06. Go to the directory where you have downloaded the LocalWp setup
07. Right-click > Click Run As Administrator > Click Yes to continue
08. Wait until the installation process gets completed
09. Congratulations! You have successfully installed LocalWp on your PC!
If you install it for the first time, you need to run the setup with administrative privileges to complete the installation successfully. Otherwise, you will face the Error opening file error. To do it, all you need to do is to Right Click on the Setup file > Run as Administrator. (As shown in the step 07)
As I found, this problem is a common problem with Windows operating system. The exact Error, “Error opening file for writing”, can cause during many other software installations. It happens because of default security permissions of the Windows security system. Therefore, we can’t blame LocalWp for this issue, and their software still works perfectly on any OS they have mentioned on their website. Error 01 is the reason for corrupting the installation process and showing the second error message “Installation Aborted” when you try to install the setup for the second time. So, if you have followed the steps correctly, you should have successfully installed the software on your computer now.
I hope you have been able to install LocalWp on your computer successfully. If you still face any errors, please feel free to comment below. Please comment “I did it” if you have successfully installed it 😎😀.